Please include a CV and covering letter.
About the role
Crystallise Ltd. is looking for an experienced systematic literature reviewer to lead projects for clients in the pharmaceutical and other sectors.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working as a project manager or senior researcher in an agency providing literature review services to pharmaceutical clients. This experience will include overseeing all aspects of the systematic review process, liaising directly with clients and delivering high-quality reports.
We are looking for a candidate who is increasingly dissatisfied with the resistance to change and slow technological developments typical of a large consultancy and who is frustrated with continually repeating traditional literature review processes because they can see ways to use innovative technology to improve accuracy and efficiency.
We want to recruit someone who is ambitious and wants to be a big fish in a small pond that has the potential to become a lake. We need a person who is obsessive about detail and quality but has a pragmatic and successful approach to multitasking, delegation and meeting deadlines. You will be happy spending all day processing data on a computer screen but will also enjoy discussing projects with clients so you can really understand their needs and support them in achieving their goals. You will have experience of managing junior members of a team and supporting them in delivering high-quality work on time. You will enjoy mentoring team members and sharing your knowledge about the literature review process and the disease areas in which we work, but also be happy to help the team complete the basic review tasks when necessary to meet deadlines.
Essential skills and experience include the following:
- Experience of project management or leading systematic literature reviews for HTA submissions, publication and for internal use by pharmaceutical clients.
- Experience of liaising with pharmaceutical clients on projects, from scoping proposals to delivering final reports.
- A higher-level degree in a biomedical subject and experience working in a range of disease areas to support pharmacological, biological and non-drug interventions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and adherence to rigorous systematic review methodology.
- Excellent written English and the ability to synthesise a large body of data in a report that informs the client about what they need to know in a succinct and constructive style.
- A collaborative and supportive rather than competitive approach to working with other smaller agencies and subcontractors on projects.
- Although remote working is encouraged, we need the successful candidate to be based in a country that is within 2 hours of UK time and with an excellent broadband connection.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office and reference management software and literature databases.
Other desirable attributes include the following:
- Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively in an office and remotely.
- A need to improve the literature review process to make it more efficient and accurate and to already have some ideas about how that could be achieved.
- An innovative approach to the world of health economics, outcomes research and disease modelling, with ideas about new products that could support pharmaceutical and finance sector clients.
£50,000 to £60,000 pa dependent on experience.
Crystallise Ltd was established in 2012 as a data analytics company specialising in multidisciplinary mortality modelling for the finance industry and evidence collation and analysis for the pharmaceutical industry. We offer consultancy in mortality modelling and literature reviews as well as developing software to support these sectors, including www.heoro.com, our online database of abstracts relevant to health economics and outcomes research teams in the pharmaceutical sector.